Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving mayhem... and such...

Wow. Time is still flying. Passing me right by. Almost a week has gone by & I'm just now posting my Thanksgiving blog.

Well, it was... interesting. We stayed in the area since Cory was on call & we were planning on having dinner at his parents' house. It was 7:30am when Lindsay came into my room (which was okay, I was awake & reading).

"Good morning, Mommy!"

"Good morning, Daughter!"

"Is it Thanksgiving yet?"

"Yes, it is."

"Why aren't we at Grandma & Grandpa's yet?"

While we did make it in that general direction later in the morning (much later), unfortunately, though, both his parents were hit with the latest stomach bug. Instead of the usual fare we had chicken and dumplins made by Cory.

While he was slaving away in the kitchen I noticed Lindsay coming back from that area with a heavy bottom lip, a hurt look in her eyes.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"I wanted to have turkey for Thanksgiving!"

At this, Grandpa, in his Grandpa-ish way pulled Lindsay into his lap and whispered into her ear, "How about turkey hotdogs?"

Her eyes lit up & all was well again!

No comments: