Monday, September 15, 2008

Pooped...

So, Thursday we went to the fair. I blew $20 and Lindsay & I rode three, yes, I said three rides. She loved it! I loved it. So I'm okay with the spendage. However, next year I'm going to have to find out which night is cheap armband night so we can ride more things.... And of course, we did the carnie food (love me some corndogs!) and played a couple games (hate the one-note playing trumpet!)... Not so sure that Shelby was all that impressed, but we did manage to keep her contained to her stroller, so good times there.

Friday we went to dinner with Grandma & Grandpa. Newish place in town, Brick Oven Pizza. Totally yummy, usually. Not so much on Friday, but, well. Ya know.

Saturday was spent cleaning. I hate cleaning. Which is usually why I have to do so much when it's my turn to host for our bunco group. But I did thing, like vaccuum the curtains (stupid cat) and cleaned off the vent-a-hood thingy. Yeah, that does sometimes happen more than once a year, but still. It's drama. Speaking of drama, it was also Lindsay's birthday! She turned 6 years old. We went to DQ for some birthday ice cream... We're having her party next weekend when her brothers will be here.

Sunday we cleaned, as well. That's the day of bunco, so there's always a mad dash of "stash the junk". Which we're really good at. But we got a new shower curtain (since Lindsay tested the scissors a couple months ag... "See Mommy? They do work! Why did you throw them away?") and a new mat. For bunco dinner I made psuedo-lasagna, which everyone loved. Yea. And all that went well, too.

Which leads me to today. I'm SOOOOOO tired. My arms are sore, my fingers hurt & my neck has a crick. And for some weird reason I'm itchy all over. Early last week I started getting bumps on one leg. They look like fire ant bites, but I haven't been around any! They've spread to the other leg and both arms. It's weird! But they ITCH!!! Oh, bother.

Anyway. So now I've got to get the word out about the party next weekend. If you'd like to come, it's going to be at Gill Park (hoping it won't rain) about 2pm. That's the little park on Willis between S 11th & S 14th. It's for both girls, Shelby's birthday is on Wednesday.

Okay. Enough rambling. Bye!

No comments: