Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Things going on...

Ok. I was informed by my mother that it's been awhile since I've updated... um. Yeah. I was still pregnant with my almost 1-year-old.

So. Updates.

Shelby. She's easy. She'll be 1 on the 17th. She's walking, saying a few words. She's a beautiful baby. She does have a temper & isn't very patient when she wants something. And she's a climber.She loves to get on top of things. Unfortunately, I'm very nervous when she does. But she's still got lots of bruises...

Lindsay. Fun. She'll be 6 this Saturday. She started school 2 weeks ago yesterday and it's been interesting, to say the least. She's, shall we say, an emotional child. Cory & I had a meeting with her teacher this morning and she did have some positive things to say... She's very smart & eager to learn. She listens during teaching time, and she calls on her a lot. I think to give her some positives because there are some negatives. Lindsay doesn't like to share much as far as turns and stuff like that. She doesn't like to lose in games and that tends to be the time when Lindsay looses it. Literally, there's no other real way to describe what she does. Tantrum I guess works, too. But we're working on that, all of us together and, well, at least today was a good day!

Zane. Zane is in 2nd grade this year, with something new, a Mr. for a teacher! He at least doesn't have anything negative to say about it. He seems to me to still be struggling with his reading. He won't voluntarily read anything, I really had to encourage him to even read a menu or the game he got with his lunch on Saturday. Once he tried he figured it out, but he didn't even want to try, he was waiting for me to read it to him! He certainly won't be starting any novels anytime soon.

Seth. Here's a new story every time I turn around! Let's see, last I heard he's going to France with his French class, a $2,000 opportunity that his mom won't let him miss! But that's good for him... I'm sure he will enjoy it. He's always thinking about what car he's going to be driving. Oh, yeah, he's not quite 13, in the 7th grade. Cory said he spent the trip back on Sunday pointing out cars, saying whether or not they fit in his "drivable" category. He's got high expectations, to say the least!

Austin. Austin is Cory's other son, he's 13 in the 8th grade. We only recently started having visitation with Austin, Cory only met him for the first time last May. But he's a neat kid. Loves football, plays it in school & loves UT & the Cowboys. Makes shopping easy, I tell ya! We were supposed to see him this last weekend but Cory was sick, kept getting a fever so we decided it might not be a good idea for him to come. He has an immune defficiency so it's not a good idea for him to get exposed...

Cory. Cory's going to get a tatoo this afternoon, kinda a delayed birthday present... I think he's anxious, but now I can post a picture of it! Maybe even a video of the torture! Woo-hoo! Pain! Like I said, he was kinda fever-y on Thurs/Fri, but he's better now, no telling what that was.

Me. Well, I'm the same, taking care of the kiddos & hubby! That's why there's not been much blogging going on.... But I promise to be better! (didn't say how much better, just better!)

No comments: