Thursday, November 30, 2006

Traditions

I didn't realize it until just now. I'm making Seth's birthday cake (11 tomorrow!!) and I jumped online to get the recipe for the frosting... it's made with marshmallow cream and i use peppermint oil instead of vanilla. Everyone loves it... but me.

Anyway, As I was Googling for the recipe I was reminded of my darling mother. We eat Thanksgiving at her house most years and for as long as I remember, even before she had internet, she always had to run to the computer to find the recipe for the jiblet gravy. Well, our's is jiblet-less gravy because none of us can stomach the thought of eating entrails nicknamed "jiblets", so we just use turkey bits. She used to have a recipe program on her computer, but now she just googles it.

Didn't realize it was a tradition until just now!

Well, better get that recipe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! And so much better than my family tradition... we never can find the recipe and usually end up fighting over how much of what goes in or doesn't.. lol.. but we always end up laughing about it..... eventually.. lmao

Flawed And Disorderly said...

EWWWW! Giblets are nasty! I agree with Lady Bug!